ITALIEN: „Sicherheitsgesetze“ [“Pacchetto sicurezza“, DdL 733]
CALL FOR A MOBILIZATION AGAINST THE NEW SECURITY ACT
on JANUARY 19th and 31st 2009
On January 19th in the Italian Parliament the voting procedure to approve the new Security Act („Pacchetto sicurezza“, DdL 733) will begin. This law will result in migrants facing greater segregation and increased racism.
The new law will mean:
- that migrants who go to hospital can be reported to the police if they do
not have a residence permit
- that migrants without a residence permit cannot legally recognize their
- that migrants must have the residence permit for two years before they
- that migrants must present a residence permit to send money home
Moreover, the proposed law:
- increases the detention of migrants up to 18 months
- asks for a fee of 200 euros every time a residence permit is released or
- makes illegal entry a crime
This law denies fundamental human rights such as the right to a private life and the right to live with one’s own children. This law affects all migrants, as according to the Bossi-Fini law if a migrant loses her/his job, she/he becomes illegal.
WE REJECT RACISM, EXPLOITATION AND CONTROL !
For this reason, we invite all of you to discuss and organize with us two days of mobilization in the month of January.
JANUARY 19TH 2009 (MONDAY) >> SIT-IN-PROTEST IN FRONT OF THE SENATE
from 10:00 am in Piazza Navona
JANUARY 31st 2009 (SATURDAY) >> DEMONSTRATION IN ROME
meeting point at 2:30 pm in Piazza Maggiore
NOI NON ABBIAMO PAURA! WE HAVE NO FEAR! RETE CONTRO IL PACCHETTO SICUREZZA